Tuesday, September 23, 2008

O noble experiment, how I've neglected thou.

Yes, it's been over a year since I false-started this blog. Let's cut to the chase - in the interim I've read a fair amount, the most amazing of which were The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen and Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson. As for right now, I've just begun Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace and Europe Central by William T. Vollmann, and I'm over halfway through both The Castle of Crossed Destinies by Italo Calvino and Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. Finally, here's a list of books I'm perenniallly trying and failing to make significant progress in:
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
Moby Dick by Herman Melville

See you soon, maybe.
Ryan

No comments: